Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: Serves 4-6 as appetizer.
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen yuca root
- Kosher salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Aji amarillo sauce or Huancaína sauce for dipping
- If using fresh yuca, peel the yuca, cut into large pieces, and remove the fibrous inner core of the root.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook yuca until it starts to turn translucent and can be pierced easily with a fork, about 20-30 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Check yuca for any remaining fibrous pieces and remove. Cut yuca in thick wedges.
- Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a heavy frying pan over medium high heat. When oil is hot, fry yuca in batches, turning occasionally, until golden brown.
- Carefully remove yuca from pan and place onto a plate lined with paper towels. Sprinkle yuca with kosher salt and serve hot.