Chimichurri sauce is a natural with bread - thanks to all the garlic, fresh herbs, and olive oil that go into it. Dipping pieces of freshly baked bread (especially olive bread) into a bowl of chimichurri is addictive. Chimichurri sauce is also handy for making quick and tasty garlic bread.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: Serves 4-6 as side.
- 1 large loaf of French or Italian bread (baguette-style)
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chimichurri sauce (see recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the loaf of bread in half lengthwise and place side by side on a baking sheet, cut sides up.
- Brush both pieces of bread with the melted butter, then brush them with the chimichurri (generous butter/olive oil is the key to good garlic bread!). Place the two pieces of bread back together and wrap securely with foil.
- Bake in the oven until bread is hot, about 10-15 minutes. Unwrap bread and place the two pieces side by side again and return them to the oven. Bake about 5 minutes more.
- Slice bread crosswise into pieces and serve warm.