Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups whole milk
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 1/4 cups tapioca flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups grated farmer's cheese, or any firm, fresh cows milk cheese
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix milk, salt, vegetable oil and butter in a pot, and bring to a boil. As soon as it boils, remove from heat.
- Stir tapioca flour into the milk and butter mixture.
- Stir in the eggs and the cheese, and mix well.
- Let mixture cool for 15-30 minutes, so that it will be easier to handle. (I like to chill it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or so).
- With floured (tapioca flour) hands, shape the dough into golf ball size balls (about 50 gram portions) and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake rolls for 20 to 25 minutes, until they are puffed up and are golden. They will rise slowly and puff up mostly in the last 5 or 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Makes about 15 rolls