Dulce de leche is a caramel-like confection with a rich, complex flavor. These creamy popsicles are made with yogurt and pastry cream, and swirled with lots of dulce de leche.Homemade popsicles are easy and fun to make, and you can experiment with flavors. These popsicles would be delicious with some fudge sauce swirled in as well (chocolate and dulce de leche go very well together) or even dipped in chocolate once they are frozen. This recipe makes enough to fill six 3-ounce popsicle molds.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 3-ounce popsicles
- 1/2 cup creamy plain yogurt (Greek yogurt works well)
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla pastry cream, (or substitute instant or packaged vanilla pudding as a shortcut)
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- Pinch of salt
- Soften the dulce de leche by microwaving it very briefly on a low setting (about 15 seconds).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, pastry cream, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and 1/2 cup of the dulce de leche until well mixed.
- Gently swirl in remaining dulce de leche, without mixing it all the way in.
- Spoon mixture into popsicle molds and freeze overnight or until firm.
- Run molds under hot water briefly before unmolding the popsicles.