Some may say that you cannot improve upon homemade dulce de leche
, but chocolate improves just about anything in my opinion.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- 3 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place the dulce de leche in a microwave-proof bowl with the chocolate chips and the butter.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds, then remove and stir.
- Continue to microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Let cool, and stir in the vanilla.