This corn pudding is traditionally served during June Festival in Brazil. It's a sweet pudding made from corn, milk, and sugar, sprinkled with cinnamon, and served cold.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 6 ears of fresh corn
- 3 cups of milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Scrape the kernels off of the ears of corn.
- Place the corn in a blender (or food processor) with the milk, and blend well, for at least 3 minutes.
- Strain the corn/milk mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a pot. Discard the fibrous parts of the kernels that remain in the sieve.
- Add the sugar, a pinch of salt, and the butter to the pot, and bring mixture to a simmer.
- Cook, stirring continuously, until the mixture becomes thick and creamy, about 15 minutes. If it's thick enough, you should be able to drag a wooden spoon across the bottom of the pot and see the bottom for several seconds before the mixture closes in on itself.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Pour pudding into a serving dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Chill thoroughly, and serve cold.