Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 5-ounce package dried mango slices
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 stick butter (8 tablespoons)
- 8 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon butter rum flavoring
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup cashews, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Place the dried mango slices in a heat proof bowl. Pour boiling water over them and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Drain water from mango. Roughly chop the mango. Pour rum over chopped mango and set aside.
- Cream the butter and shortening with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Stir the butter rum flavoring into the buttermilk and add to butter/sugar mixture.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the salt, baking soda, ginger, cloves, flour and oatmeal. Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture, stirring until just mixed.
- Drain the mango and reserved drained rum. Stir the diced mango, chopped cashews, and white chocolate chips into the cookie batter.
- Chill batter for 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll a golf ball size piece of cookie dough into a ball with the palms of your hands, and place balls on the cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, or until cookies are puffed and golden brown.
- Make glaze: Bring run, brown sugar, orange juice, lime juice, and slat to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in the powdered sugar until glaze reaches the right consistency. It should be slightly runny. Drizzle glaze over the cookies.
Makes about 35 cookies.