Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: About 25-30 pieces of candy.
- 1 1/2 cup peanuts, lightly salted
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup manioc flour or manioc starch
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- Process the peanuts with the sugar, salt, and manioc meal until very finely ground.
- Add a tablespoon of condensed milk and process for 30 seconds. Check if mixture is starting to come together by pressing some into a ball with your fingers.
- If the mixture will form a ball that stays together well, it's ready. If it is still too crumbly, add more condensed milk and process.
- Press mixture into a square 8 inch by 8 inch pan lined with wax paper. Press down firmly.
- Remove candy from pan by lifting out the wax paper, and cut into smaller squares.
- You can also use greased cookie cutters (simple shapes) to cut pieces out of the candy, or press the candy into molds to shape it.
- Store in an airtight container.
Variation: Dip squares of paçcoca into melted chocolate, and let cool on wax paper.