This delicious sorbet is tart, intense, and refreshing, thanks to the combination of passionfruit and raspberries. It's very easy to make. You can use fresh or frozen raspberries, or half strawberries and half raspberries. Frozen passionfruit pulp is available from Goya Foods, and I have found it at many supermarkets and latin markets.
You can make this sorbet with or without an ice cream maker, although it will probably be slightly smoother and less icy if you use a machine.
Prep Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours
- 4 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup passionfruit pulp/juice
- 3/4 - 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Place raspberries, passionfruit, 3/4 cup sugar, and lime juice into a blender, and purée until very well blended.
- Taste mixture for tartness, and add more sugar if necessary, blending well.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve to remove the raspberry seeds.
- Chill mixture if not already cold.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to directions. Place sorbet in the freezer for 2-3 hours more to finish freezing completely.
- If not using an ice cream maker, pour ingredients into a container and place in freezer for 30 minutes. Remove and stir well with a whisk.
- Continue to freeze mixture, stirring well every half hour until sorbet is frozen to desired texture.
Makes about 4 servings.