- For the Cake:
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup frozen passionfruit pulp, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- For the Syrup:
- 1 cup orange mango juice
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- For the Glaze:
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup orange mango juice
- Pinch salt
- Generously butter and flour a 10-cup bundt pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream the butter and the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add the sugar and beat well (about 3 minutes).
- Add the eggs one by one and beat well after each addition.
- Sift the flour and salt together, and fold into the batter, alternating with the passionfruit purée. Stir in the vanilla and orange extracts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes. Check for doneness: the cake should feel springy to the touch, and a wooden pick inserted into the middle should come out clean, or with only a few crumbs of batter. Return to oven if necessary and test again in 10 minutes.
- When cake is fully baked, remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Let cook completely before removing from pan.
- Make the syrup: Place 1 cup of orange mango juice with 1 3/4 cups sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- While cake is still in the pan, poke holes in the bottom of the cake with a wooden skewer, Brush half of the syrup onto the bottom of cake with a pastry brush and let it soak in.
- When cake is completely cool, flip it out of the pan onto a plate. Poke more holes in the top of the cake, and brush the other half of the syrup onto the top and sides of the cake.
- Make the icing: Sift the confectioners sugar into a bowl. Whisk in the orange-mango juice, the lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Drizzle over top and sides of cake.
Store cake well wrapped, or in an airtight container. Cake can be kept at room temperature, but will stay fresh longer in the refrigerator.