Not to be confused with chilcano de pescado (a fish soup), a chilcano de pisco is a refreshing cocktail made with pisco, a unique brandy produced in Chile and Peru. It's simpler to make than the well-known pisco sour - you just pour the ingredients over ice and they mix themselves.El chilcano is my husband's favorite drink, and we always get raves when we make them for friends. ("This is so good! What is the liquor in this drink called again?? 'Peace corps'?") Chilcanos are surprisingly good, for such a simple drink - the lime, pisco, and ginger ale blend into something new and better. Great on a hot summer evening.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 4 ounces ginger ale
- 2 ounces pisco
- 1/2 lime (or 1 tablespoon key lime juice)
- Fill a 8 ounce tumbler with ice cubes.
- Pour the pisco over the ice.
- Squeeze the lime juice into the glass.
- Fill the glass with the ginger ale.