Prep Time: 1áhour
Cook Time: 25áminutes
Total Time: 1áhour, 25áminutes
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes (or frozen french fries)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound beef tenderloin
- 2 red onions, sliced thinly into slivers
- 1 hot yellow pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 red peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced into thin strips
- vegetable oil for frying potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1/2 inch thick french fries, and place in ice water. Set aside.
- Cut beef into thin 1/2 inch strips. Mash garlic cloves. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet and sauté garlic with the cumin for 1 minute.
- Add beef and cook on medium high heat until browned on all sides.
- Remove beef from heat and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add the onions and hot yellow pepper to the same pan and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until the onions are soft, adding a little more vegetable oil if needed.
- Add the vinegar, soy sauce, and red peppers and cook 2 to 3 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a separate pan, fry the potatoes in 1 to 2 inches of oil until golden. Drain on paper towels and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the beef to the pan with the onions and peppers. Add the tomatoes and heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the french fries to the stir-fry. Serve with rice.
Serves 4 to 6.