For those of you who don't like lima beans, this recipe may be a surprise for you. The hummus-like lima bean spread brightens up the flavors of the sweet balsamic roasted vegetables.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: One 12-14" pizza
- Pizza dough for one 12-inch pizza (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup lima bean dip
- 2 cups zucchini and/or yellow crookneck squash, sliced thinly
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons Dijon or other grainy mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with pizza stone inside (if using).
- Whisk mustard into vinegar and gradually add olive oil while stirring. Toss vegetables with dressing and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread vegetables out on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast until soft, about 25 minutes.
- Roll out pizza dough to a 14-inch circle (or according to recipe directions or directions on package). If using a pizza stone, transfer dough to a wooden board dusted with cornmeal. Otherwise place dough on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush dough with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spread lima bean dip over pizza, leaving a one-inch border all around. Top with roasted vegetables, and sprinkle cheeses over vegetables.
- Bake pizza on pan (or slide directly onto pizza stone, if using) for 12-15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.