This salad is accompanies many Latin meals. It has a simple lime dressing that allows the fresh flavors of the ingredients to shine. Corn, onions, cilantro, red pepper, and cubes of queso fresco (farmer's cheese) are tossed with a little bit of vegetable oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. If you can find frozen Andean choclo corn
at your local Latin grocery, it is fantastic in this light, refreshing, and nutritious salad.
- 3 cups cooked corn kernels
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces queso fresco (queso blanco, farmers cheese, or other fresh, unaged white cheese)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk lime juice into oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently toss all ingredients together. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve chilled.