Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup queso fresco cheese, or farmers cheese, or mild feta
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sweetened dried cranberries (such as craisins)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whole grain bread
- Microwave the queso fresco and the cream cheese gently to soften (about 15 seconds).
- Mix the cheeses together with the mayonnaise and the parmesan cheese, if using.
- Stir in the nuts and cranberries.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons on a slice of whole grain bread. Heat for 5 minutes at 400 degrees, then carefully toast under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, until cheese is lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
Makes enough for 4 open face sandwiches.