Cranberry sauce is usually winter dish, served at festive occasions with roast turkey
. Add some tropical warmth to your holiday meal with this delicious cranberry sauce with diced mangos and pineapple. Use canned pineapple and frozen mango if fresh are not available.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup diced mango, fresh or frozen
- 8 ounce can of pineapple chunks, with liquid
- Place the pineapple, sugar, water, and rum in a pot, and bring to a boil.
- Add the cranberries and cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberries pop open and mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in mango chunks and cook 1-2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat. Serve chilled.