Cranberry sauce is usually winter dish, served at festive occasions with roast turkey. Add some tropical warmth to your holiday meal with this delicious cranberry sauce with diced mangos and pineapple. Use canned pineapple and frozen mango if fresh are not available.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup diced mango, fresh or frozen
- 8 ounce can of pineapple chunks, with liquid
- Place the pineapple, sugar, water, and rum in a pot, and bring to a boil.
- Add the cranberries and cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberries pop open and mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in mango chunks and cook 1-2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat. Serve chilled.