- 2 pounds yuca root, peeled, fresh or frozen
- 1 recipe Huancaina sauce (see link to recipe below)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Caramelized onions (see link to recipe below)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Boil yuca root for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until soft and cooked through. Drain and cool slightly.
- Remove center woody part of root from yuca pieces. Mash yuca thoroughly with a potato mashed.
- Place yuca in the bowl of a standing mixer, and add the huancaina sauce. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with caramelized onions.