Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3-4 yellow aji peppers
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices white bread
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 4 yellow potatoes
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 10 black olives, halved
- Cook the yellow potatoes in salted water until tender when pierced with a fork. Let cool, peel, cut into quarters, and set aside.
- Place the bread in a small bowl and pour the evaporated milk over it to soak. Set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts in a pot with the chicken stock, and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until chicken is just barely cooked through.
- Set chicken aside to cool. Strain broth and reserve 2 cups.
- Remove stems and seeds from the peppers. In a blender, process peppers with the vegetable oil until smooth.
- Sauté the garlic and onions with the puréed peppers and oil, until the onions are soft and golden. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Shred the cooled chicken into bite-size pieces.
- In a blender or food processor, process the evaporated milk and bread mixture with the nuts and parmesean cheese until smooth. Add the cooked onion mixture and process briefly.
- Return onion mixture to pan, and add 1 1/2 cups of the reserved chicken stock. Bring to a low simmer, and stir in the chicken. Heat until warmed through, adding more chicken stock if sauce is too thick.
- Serve over rice, garnished with the yellow potatoes, slices of hard boiled egg, and black olives.