Bembo's is a Peruvian chain restuarant which sells burgers, fries, and chicken sandwiches - typical fast-food fare - but with Peruvian ingredients and flavors. Bembos gives McDonalds and Burger King a run for their money. Bembo's burgers have a distinctive flavor, and come with unusual condiments such as onion relish, tiny french fries, and fried eggs.
It's tough to replicate the flavor of a Bembo's burger, but this recipe comes close. Minced garlic and onion, parsley, and a little bit of aji panca chile peppers give these burgers a hint of "Bembos".
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons aji panca chile pepper paste
- 6 hamburger buns
- Add the ground beef to a large bowl, and gently mix in the garlic, onion, parsley, and aji panca.
- Shape the beef into 6 rounded patties, being careful not to overly flatten or compress the meat.
- Grill the burgers over high heat, turning at least once, until the burgers are cooked to desired doneness. (See this article on how to grill perfect burgers).
- Serve warm on buns with condiments of your choice.