Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package Sazon Goya seasoning (con azafran)
- 1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally, to make thinner pieces.
- Toss the chicken breasts with the oil and vinegar. Place them in a bowl and sprinkle them with the onion salt, cumin, and ground black pepper. Let them marinate for about an hour if possible, or overnight.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Working in batches, sauté the chicken breasts for several minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add chopped onion, red pepper and garlic to the skillet. Stir in Sazon Goya seasoning, and sauté vegetables until soft and fragrant.
- Whisk flour into coconut milk, then add coconut milk to the skillet. Add the chicken breasts. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and tender (do not overcook).
- Serve warm over rice.