The next time you grill steaks, throw an extra one on the grill. You'll have leftovers to enjoy in this wonderful sandwich for lunch on Monday. Chimichurri sauce and onion salsa are traditional accompaniments to grilled meat, and taste great in a sandwich too.Chilled steak is easy to slice very thinly. The extra step of sautéing the steak slices in butter is worth the effort - it really adds flavor.
- 1 grilled steak
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chimichurri sauce (see link to recipe below)
- 1/4 cup salsa criolla (see link to recipe below)
- 2 sandwich rolls
- Slice chilled steak against the grain as thinly as possible.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add sliced steak and sauté for 2 minutes, turning pieces over with tongs, until heated through and very slightly browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread bottom half of each roll with chimichurri sauce (recipe here). Divide the sliced steak and the onion salsa (recipe here) between the two rolls.
Sandwiches can be assembled a day ahead and stored in the refrigerator, wrapped in plastic.