Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups stone ground yellow corn meal
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Bring water and chicken broth to a boil. Slowly stir in the corn meal.
- Season with salt to taste. Cook at a low simmer, stirring very frequently, until cornmeal reaches desired consistency, adding more liquid if necessary. Remove from hear, stir in butter, and serve.
- If using mold, cook cornmeal until very thick, about 30-40 minutes. Stir in butter. Use 1-2 tablespoons additional butter to grease the inside of mold generously, and pour hot cornmeal into mold. Let cool for about 10 minutes before gently unmolding.
Serves four as side dish.