You will be asked to make this salad again and again. it's always a favorite because of its unusual combination of tropical fruit and candied macadamia nuts. If you don't happen to have one of the ingredients on hand, just leave it out or substitute something else. The passion fruit dressing, however, is both essential and delicious.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce
- 6 hearts of palm
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup chopped pineapple, fresh or canned
- 1 shallot, or 1/4 of a red or yellow onion
- Passion Fruit Salad Dressing (see "Related Recipes")
- 1 cup candied Macadamia Nuts (see "Related Recipes")
- Wash and dry lettuce, and cut into thin ribbons. Place in bowl.
- Slice hearts of palm into 1/4 inch slices, and layer on top of lettuce.
- Chop avocado into cubes, and add to salad with the pineapple.
- Finely chop shallot or onion and add to salad.
- Salad can be kept in the refrigerator, covered with saran wrap, for up to four hours. When ready to serve, toss with passion fruit dressing and sprinkle with candied macadamia nuts.