Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 habanero chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, minced
- 6 green onions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Place the pepper in a food processor or blender with the water, vinegar, and lime juice, salt and sugar and process until smooth.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, green onions and cilantro to a bowl, and toss the pepper liquid with them, along with the olive oil.
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt/sugar/black pepper as needed.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.