Roasted sweet potatoes make a fantastic side dish, and they are so simple to make. You can even roast potatoes in the coals of your grill. These sweet potatoes are served sliced and drizzled with seasoned melted butter.
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub the potatoes clean and dry them off. Wrap each potato in aluminum foil.
- Place the potatoes in the oven and bake them until very tender when pierced with a fork, about 30-40 minutes.
- Let potatoes cool until they can been handled, then unwrap them and slice crosswise into thick 3/4 inch slices. Place slices decoratively into a serving dish in a single layer, overlapping slightly if desired.
- Melt butter in the microwave with the cumin, chili powder, and honey, and drizzle mixture over the potato slices. Serve warm.